Nov 17, 2011

I AM THE WALRUS! and other evidence of insanity

 John Lennon has been quoted* as saying
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."  
I'd like to support that argument with another quote, this one from Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now:

"The mind unconsciously loves problems, because they give you an identity of sorts. This is normal, and it is insane."
Ergo... insanity is normal, and it's an epidemic. There's no escaping the madness, it's everywhere. Enlightenment is the only way. Be sane, choose peace. Be abnormal, choose love.




*I found this quote at  http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_lennon_2.html#ixzz1dzz2W6cR, and I hope that's okay with all parties involved. Nothing is legal, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment