Dec 19, 2011

Problem-Solving in Oz: A Philosophy for the Insecure

Lately, I've been experiencing some insecurity. That makes me feel angry!

The voice of reason tells me I need to temper my ambition with humility. But my all-powerful, fear-based ego demands constant recognition and praise for its greatness. It seeks these things because it is afraid you will look behind the curtain and see that it is really nothing more than a balding, older gentlemen with outdated special effects and a penchant for issuing grandiose commands to talking lions and metal people.

I wonder if he has anything in that bag for a little girl who just wants to get back home to her family and find her life's purpose and fulfill her destiny free from doubt and insecurity. Probably not, but a giant pocket watch will make an excellent consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment