Feb 20, 2012

Corruption: My Day at Church

My youngest niece got baptized last week. During the ceremony, my oldest niece and godchild, who was being held by my brother, dutifully answered the priest's questions along with her parents: Do you believe in the God the Father, almighty, creator of heaven and earth? (She did.) Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Father? (Yeah, she did.) Do you reject Satan and all his works and all his empty promises? (She shook her head: "I don't, Dada!")

It was a proud moment for me. Which made me feel a little guilty, which made me feel redeemed as a Catholic.

But don't tell her mother I said that, about being proud. On account of I'm supposed to be a spiritual guide, not a conspirator in treachery.

No comments:

Post a Comment