Apr 6, 2011

Served!

I finally got the chance to address my long-harbored grievance against XSport Fitness this morning, and the best part is, it was solicited! Here's the gist:

Ring ring. Not a recognized number. I'm wary.
Me (warily): Hello?
XSport Lady: Is this Kelly?
Me (suspiciously): Yes.
Xsport Lady: I'm a lady representing XSport. Can you answer two questions?
Me (seeing an opportunity, delighted): Yes I can.
XSport Lady: Oh terrific, that's very generous of you (she clearly hears "no" a lot). Okay, the first question is, on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all likely, and 10 being very likely, how likely are you to refer a friend to Xsport.
Me (victoriously): Zero!
Xsport: Wow, zero! That is not a positive response! Okay, well the second question is, why did you respond the way you did?
Me (happy to explain): Because I don't appreciate being manipulated into signing a contract under misleading terms.
XSport: Hmm, okay, I'm writing "she didn't appreciate being ..." misled, was it?
Me (helpful): Yes, and manipulated. m-a-n-i-p-u-l-a-t-e-d
XSport: Got it. Well, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, would you like someone from the business office to get in touch with you?
Me (disdain): Oh God no. I'm done!
XSport Lady: Ok, I'm writing "she's done." Great, now is there anything else you'd like to add?
Me (pleasantly): Nope.
XSport Lady: Well, thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Kelly.
Me (graciously): Oh no, thank YOU.

I sure showed that faceless corporation what's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment