Apr 21, 2011

This one's for you, Mom.

As a pagan (read: heathen), I would prefer to spend this upcoming Sunday reveling in sin (read: sloth). But as the daughter who understands all too well the subtleties of her mother's speech, and the futility of resistance, I'll celebrate Easter with my family, like a proper (albeit recovering) Catholic. But only because I love my mother. And thoroughly enjoy spending time with my family. And because Jesus seemed like a good guy, and I think it's really great that he conquered death. That's neat. I bet he wouldn't even mind that I'm a heathen. He'd probably just condescend to me, or pity me, and that wouldn't bother me too much because I kind of expect that from religious people. It's actually nice when people care about my eternal damnation. Someone should, I guess, cause I'm not too worried about it. I figure, J-town's probably got my back.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is for my mom too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is a good guy and would love you just the way you are. He likes good people..By the way change in plans for Easter give a call..Love MOM

    ReplyDelete