Oct 19, 2011

Blending In. Or, Evidence of Insanity: Exhibit B.

An Excerpt from the Heart of Starkness, by Anonymous


I am wearing a light brown dress today, with nude-colored knit tights and tannish-gray boots. Which, I'm delighted to report, acts as camouflage in the Beige Cage.

In order to prove this phenomenon, I have been standing against the walls, being very, very still.  I'm certain no one knows I'm in here. Except, perhaps, the death-beasts living in the ceiling tent. They can probably smell me. I can feel their nostril-tentacles sniffing at me as I try to master the art of motionless breathing.

I am scared, and cold. I take solace in one thing, however: my almost-certain invisibility, which endows me with a sense of power reserved only for the gods and the death-beasts.   



No comments:

Post a Comment